BOTTOM LINE: Lot’s of people had been killed for their Faith; Others had claimed to be the Messiah; Jesus was the ONLY one to defeat death. The Resurrection changed EVERYTHING.
QUESTION: On Good Friday, they put Jesus on the cross. 3 days later, just as Jesus and prophets before Him had foretold, Jesus resurrected back to life. That is the Good News … and that is The Gospel story. Have you allowed the Life, death and resurrection of Jesus to restore you back into a righteous standing w/ God?
DOWNLOAD: Can you imagine what that 1st Day was like? As the buzz and excitement filled the air … it was obvious that something unusual had taken place, yet no one seem to have a handle on it. There was a flurry of activity from the very people who were too afraid to be seen or heard after all the violent activities all week long.
He’s not here … something has happened … many probably weren’t sure exactly what at this point … but we know now … Jesus is ALIVE … many had claimed to be Prophets … others had even claimed to be the Messiah … but no one had EVER defeated death. That is the Good News … The Resurrection of Jesus changed EVERYTHING …
1. We can be Forgiven by Jesus’ Death (Is. 56:6-10; Romans 4:25)
2. Jesus defeated Death so we don’t have to fear it (2 Peter 1:16; Acts 1:3; 1 Cor 15:3-8)
3. We get to have God’s Spirit inside us (Acts 1:8; Eph 1:19-20)
4. God Loves us Un-Conditionally (John 3:16-17)
5. God has a Greater Purpose for our lives (Mark 8:35; Acts 15:26; 2 Cor 4:17-18; Philippians 1:21)
6. We can be certain of a future in Heaven (1 Peter 1:4; 1 Cor 2:9; John 14:6; Rom 10:9)