TEACHER: Ken Hicks
BOTTOM LINE: The current Climate of The Gospel & Church in our Country should Ignite an Urgency and Excitement!
QUESTION: Are We Willing to Create Margin in our Lives to be a part of the Next Great Movement of the Gospel in History?
Do we, as the Church in this country, truly recognize the condition and the need for the Movement & Transformation of the lives in the Gospel?
Did you know …
- Only 43% of this country will attend a Worship experience this weekend.
- Of that 43% … average attendance is only 1.3 Sunday’s per month w/ all the traveling, vacations, Kids sports, work, et.c..
- Do we know that the United States is now in the top 20 places in the world for the most Un-Reached People Groups in the Gospel?
- Africa is actually sending more Christian missionaries to the US than we are to Africa!
This should Ignite 2 Emotions for Followers of Jesus:
- What do we do?
- How do we Prepare?
- How do we Respond?
How can Heights Community Church and how can My Church… how do we live our lives in such a way that God is doing such an amazing work in us, and thru us, that WE get to be part of this incredible movement that is to come?
- Determine the BIG ROCKS in our Life! John 10:10“Jesus said, I have come that you might have Life, and have it to the full.”
- Run Your Races in Such a Way as to Win the PRIZE!1 Corinthians 9:24“Do you not know that in a RACE, all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.”
- Do Not Allow ANY OTHER IDOLS In our Lives!Matthew 6:24“No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
There is this HUGE need for a Movement of the Gospel in our country, and to be a part of that …
- We need to Intentionally and Clearly Identify what the BIG ROCKS are in our life so they go in first.
- We need to make sure we Live OUR LIFE in such a way as to WIN THE PRIZE.
- We need to make sure that NOTHING that is not JESUS becomes an IDOL in our life.
- Not our Kids
- Not our Job
- Not Sports
- Not money
- Not Power
- Not Influence
1. It won’t be EASY– The devil will do everything in His power to prevent you from following thru on this commitment – so don’t wait – start today!!
- Don’t let him win the war.
- Don’t let him get you to forget about this commitment.
- Don’t let him convince you that God will use someone else and by making a difference this year you would be stealing the opportunity for someone else to receive a blessing.
2. It won’t always be FUN– someone has to empty Port-A-Potties for a living.
- God might ask us to get dirty for Him.
- God might ask us to become poor so we can have a ministry to the poor.
- God might ask us to give up sports so He can bless us with His choice of a spouse for eternity that we would not meet if we do not.
- God might ask us to give up our job or to change jobs, perhaps one with less income than the one we currently have.
- It may not always be fun!
3. It won’t always be on our TIME SCHEDULE.
- He’s never a minute early, but He’s never a minute late!!
- The promotion may not come when we expect it –
- We may not make the team we anticipated making this year.
- We may not have planned to have a child of God this year.
4. God is ALWAYSFAITHFUL!!!