TEACHER: Kevin Walls
SCRIPTURES: Exodus 12:1-51; Ex 6:6-8
BOTTOM LINE: The “Who” “What” “Where” “When” & “Why” of Passover.
QUESTION: Has there been a moment in your life where thru the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus, the judgment of God has Passed Over you and restored you into a Righteous Standing w/ God?
DOWNLOAD: Lessons learned from Passover
- God is ready to act on behalf of a faithful and obedient covenant people.
- Growth occurs in the challenges of life.
- We are reminded to purge leaven (sin).
- Freedom costs.
6 “Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. 7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.’”
APPLICATION: Lessons learned from the Cross
- Jesus is the ultimate & final Passover Lamb.
- God loves us whether we are faithful and obedient or not.
- Grace is free, but it is not cheap. No, it is expensive.
- Change builds over time, but also comes in an instant.