TEACHER: Ken Hicks
BOTTOM LINE: The Anxieties & Fears of Jesus on His Way to the Cross.
QUESTION: Is it WRONG for us to experience FEARS & ANXIETIES? How Did Jesus Deal With Them?
If you were given a choice, how would you CHOOSE to Die?
And as that walk to Golgotha drew closer and closer … we begin to see Another Side of Jesus …
Matthew 26:37-38 … “37 ‘He took Peter and Zebedee’s two sons, James and John, and he became anguished and distressed. 38 He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”
Why Was Jesus So Distressed?
- JESUS UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO HIM.
- JESUS UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS AT STAKE!
WHAT DID JESUS DO?
- JESUS SOUGHT ENCOURAGEMENT FROM OTHERS!
- JESUS POURED OUT HIS HEART IN PRAYER!
- JESUS HUMBLY YIELDED TO HIS FATHER’S WILL!
- JESUS RECEIVED COMFORT & STRENGTH FROM GOD!
- JESUS COMPLETED THE JOURNEY TO THE CROSS!
HOW DO WE RESPOND:
- We Response w/ GRATITUDE and PRAISE.
- With Humble SUBMISSION.
- By Following His EXAMPLE.
- By Reflecting on His SACRIFICE.