TEACHER: Ken Hicks
SCRIPTURES: Psalm 46:10
BOTTOM LINE: God has commanded us to BE STILL! To REST in His Presence in our lives!
QUESTION: Why is it so difficult to Be Still and Quiet w/ Father God?
We are QUICK to ask GOD to HURRY UP for us! In our time of crisis, we’re like C’mon God … 10 minutes ago would have been even better than NOW … but NOW will work!
And YET, what does it take for us to just simply STOP … PAUSE … and BE STILL in God’s Presence?
We’re not fans of QUIET … we struggle w/ SILENCE.
- A QUIET TIME OF INTIMACY!
- TIME OF SPIRITUAL RENEWAL!
- WAITING IS A PART OF TIMING!
THEN … after WAITING … when we know we hear God’s Voice … it’s time for ACTION!
This is the part we like, but how often do we get the order of these reversed?
This is an area where we can Grow and Mature. This isn’t something we’re born with; it’s not something that comes natural. In fact, it just might very well be completely against the grain of culture of everything else we learn and do in our lives.
So if we’re sitting here today, and we’re thinking UGGGGGHHHH, THIS … this makes so much sense … but this is so far from my reality too!
Maybe we’re thinking …
- I can’t even get a moment to Be Still… much less to think I’m supposed to Be Still and focus on God.
- Any time I’m still … I’m asleep! I don’t stand a chance.
… you name it? I would say we eat an elephant 1 bite at a time! If we allow ourselves to be overwhelmed by what’s NOT happening … we’ll literally just stay in this spiral.
Psalm 46:10“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, and I will be exalted in the earth.”
- We Have a Quiet Time of Intimacy!
- We Have a Time of Spiritual Renewal and Recharge!
- And REMEMBER … Waiting is a part of God’s Timing.