TEACHER: Ken Hicks
SCRIPTURES: Psalm 100:5
BOTTOM LINE: God is Good, All the Time!
QUESTION: Do you have those moments where you honestly wonder, Is God Really Still Good?
Corrie Ten Boom said … Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.
This is one of the most popular Psalms, many years ago, it was sung to a tune called The Old Hundredth. We know this today much better as The Doxology. It’s included in most Hymnals, and the Hebrew text calls it A Psalm for Giving Thanks.
3 reasons we can Praise our Heavenly Father.
- God is GOOD!
- His Mercy Endures FOREVER!
- His Faithfulness continues from GENERATION to GENERATION!
I don’t know how far we have to go until we reach the end of our Earthly Journey, but this I know: that road is paved w/ God’s Love & Faithfulness, and we don’t need to be afraid!
As I was diving into this message this week, I started thinking about this question [maybe you would take a few minutes this week and kick it around]: If I were dying, and only had 30 seconds to pass along my highest values to my 3 girls, what would I say?
And a couple things came to my mind right away:
- Continue to Discover, Live, and Overflow Jesus forever!
- Take Care of Mom Please!
- Love each Other [and Amelia Rose] Well!
- Pray for a Husband that will be equally yoked in your Faith.
And the GOOD NEWS is that God has promised to be Faithful to every Generation! Here’s the catch though …
- … if my VALUES and OVERFLOW in their lives is from my Flesh, that Promise creates tension and struggle, not just for me, but I’m potentially setting them up to struggles as they follow my lead, direction and example.
- … BUT … if my VALUES and OVERFLOW reflect God’s Heart and Values and Mission in the World, then that Promise becomes my best HOPE for the future!