TEACHER: Ken Hicks
BOTTOM LINE: Prayer & Praise CELEBRATION
5 KINDS OF PRAYER:
- Exaltation / Adoration – where we’re allowing the overflow of our heart to put words to our Love for God
- Confession – where we’re acknowledging our own sin w/ God, and seeking Forgiveness and the Courage of Repentance
- Intercession / Supplication – where we’re praying for others
- Thanksgiving – where we’re thanking God for His Presence in our lives
- Petition – where we’re seeking God for the “Needs” in our own life
Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
The Prayers of a Righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 1 Chronicles 7:14
A House of God is a House of CONFESSION: (READ Psalms 51:1-10)
CONNECTION w/ GOD: Would you ask God to Reveal Areas of Sin in your life? Acknowledge your own Sin, and seek to live from the Holy Spirit.
A House of God is a House of PETITION: (READ Psalms 6)
CONNECTION w/ GOD: Would you Stay seated as you prayer privately here until you have cast your Burden unto God, thru Jesus on the cross. Then, as you stand in confidence of God’s Promise to never leave us and guide us thru the Holy Spirit, please join in worshipping in Praise.
A House of God is a House of INTERCESSION: (READ Mark 2:1-12)
CONNECTION w/ GOD: Who do you know that needs PRAYER? Who do you need to stand in the GAP for right now?
A House of God is a House of THANKFULNESS: (READ Ephesians 1:3-11)
CONNECTION w/ GOD: How has Jesus changed your life? THANK HIM for the Amazing journey of Transformation.
A House of God is a House of EXALTATION & ADORATION: (READ Revelation 7:9-17)
CONNECTION w/ GOD: Exalt the Greatness of God! Go into His Room and Praise Him for who He is and what He does.