SCRIPTURES: Genesis 37:1-11
QUESTION: Will You Pursue Victory?
DOWNLOAD: Joseph was a young man, seventeen years old. He and his brothers, the sons of Bilhah and Zilpah, his father’s wives, cared for the flocks. Joseph gave his father bad reports about his brothers. 3 Since Joseph was born when his father Israel[a] was old, Israel loved him more than his other sons. He made Joseph a special robe with long sleeves. 4 When Joseph’s brothers saw that their father loved him more than he loved them, they hated their brother and could not speak to him politely.
5 One time Joseph had a dream, and when he told his brothers about it, they hated him even more. 6 Joseph said, “Listen to the dream I had. 7 We were in the field tying bundles of wheat together. My bundle stood up, and your bundles of wheat gathered around it and bowed down to it.”
8 His brothers said, “Do you really think you will be king over us? Do you truly think you will rule over us?” His brothers hated him even more because of his dreams and what he had said.
9 Then Joseph had another dream, and he told his brothers about it also. He said, “Listen, I had another dream. I saw the sun, moon, and eleven stars bowing down to me.”
- They could take away his coat, but they couldn’t take away his vision
- She could take away his cloak, but she couldn’t take away his integrity.
- They could take away his freedom, but they couldn’t take away his tenacity.
- Pharaoh had the power to take away his life, but Pharaoh didn’t have the power to stop Joseph’s obedience to God.
- They could take away his family, but they couldn’t take away his compassion for them.
- Egypt could give him all the trappings of success, but they couldn’t take away his spirit of restoration with his family.
- They could take away his earthly father, but they couldn’t take away his Yahweh-centered focus (Heavenly Father).
Some of Joseph’s characteristics that led to Joseph being an Old Testament hero:
Yahweh-centered life (Christ-centered)
If we develop these characteristics, then we can lead a life of VICTORY!